Baked Garlic Bundles
This is a vintage AVENwiki page, and has been protected against any further editing and archived for future reference uses. It has been retained for its historical relevance.
For those that like garlic, this is a great appetizer.
Serving size: 24 to 27 appetizers
- 3 large heads of garlic, separated into cloves
- 1/2 package of phyllo dough
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- Peel heads of garlic and thaw phyllo dough to room temperature, and cut into 2 inch wide strips.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lay 1 strip of phyllo and brush with melted butter. Place 1 clove of garlic at one end and sprinkle strip with walnuts (the more finely chopped the less the phyllo will tear).
- Roll up garlic clove and walnuts in strip. Tuck the sides in as you roll.
- Brush bundle with more butter. Roll in bread crumbs.
- Place bundles in pan. Bake 20 minutes.
Taken from: "Creative Cooking Collection"