Chocolate Covered Almonds
This is a vintage AVENwiki page, and has been protected against any further editing and archived for future reference uses. It has been retained for its historical relevance.
I don't remember where I got this recipe from, but it's quite a nice little treat.
- 3 Cups Almonds
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 28 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 Cup Powdered sugar
- Mix almonds, sugar, and water in heavy saucepan over medium high heat until mixture has a sandy texture and coats the almonds.
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet and freeze.
- Melt chocolate.
- Place frozen almonds pour half the chocolate over and mix vigorously. Then add the rest of the chocolate and sir until almonds are well coated
- Roll almonds in powdered sugar to coat.